Friday, 18 September 2009

Treatment

Working Title
For my project I will be using the song 'Saying Goodbye to Summer' by local band Steady Pedro - www.myspace.com/steadypedro.

Concept
For the video I have chosen to show the story of a young teenage boy and conflicts in his life. I will be showing a contrast between a very happy life with his girlfriend and a broken home atmosphere. This will be acheived by different editing and settings to show a clear contrast.

Purpose
The purpose of the video is to promote the song, the band and to emphasise the meaning behind the lyrics.

Desired outcome
My desired outcome is to create publicity for the band and to make the meanings and values of the song clear. Also i want to get the music out to the desired audience.

Audience
My target audience is fans of bands such as Bullet for my valentine, Avenged Sevenfold and Enter Shikari. They would be aged 15-21 and enjoy live music.

Overall Style and look
What sort of texts are you influenced by?

My main influences for this project are existing music videos but also still photographs in magazines related to the genre such as 'KERRANG!' and 'Rolling Stone'.
This is because they are similar to the product I want to create. For example this the the video for 'Paint your target' by Fightstar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsaA3E0likQ


What sort of texts might you want to be different to?
It is easy to distinguish texts that I do not want my product to be similar to.As I am trying to emphasise a deep meaning in the lyrics I want the video to also be meaningful and not simply something to look at while the song is playing. My chosen genre however is not usually associated with such videos so it is easy to find inspiration. Other genres tend to have videos which merely objectify women and i feel that this takes meaning away from the actual song and is therefore not a suitable approach for me. For example here is the video for 'Call on me' by Eric Prydz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_fCqg92qks&feature=fvst

Health and Safety

Our location, although very effective, provides us with a few health and safety issues. We are planning to record some of our video at Powick ‘Beach’ which is a embankment on the side of the river themes. This area is often used for small social gatherings.
Obviously this means water will be present. Although we will not filming in the water we will be taking lifesaving rings and of course be checking that all our actors can swim. Aswell as this we both have advanced first aiding and one of us has lifeguarding experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment